LeggoMyGreggo

I am from Rochester, NY where I had lots of friends. Now I live in Arlington, VA and have a lot less friends. I hope you like my blog. If so, maybe we can be friends. Even long-distance or e-friends are okay with me. Thanks.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patrick's Day...

To me, St. Patrick's Day is not a day to drink and forget about all your worries. It's a day to reflect on our good friend Patrick, or PatriClaus, as BrIan and I knew him. We called him PatriClaus because he was plump (although not pleasantly, as you'll read in a second) and had a thick beard. PatriClaus was a dorm mate of ours at the good ol' grove.

When I first met PatriClaus, I thought he was about 35 and going back to school to make a better life for his wife and kid. Turns out he was 18, and the woman and child in the photo were his siblings. Whoops.

Anyway, I remember about 6 of us hacky-sacking in the 4x4 common space in our hall around 11pm one friday evening when PatriClaus stormed out of his room and said, "Why don't you all just...GO TO BED!!!" Sorry PatriClaus.

So every St. Patrick's Day, I raise up me pint of Guinness and wish everyone, "Happy St. Patrick's Day, and GO TO BED!!!"

Just in case you were wondering, this is a true story.

1 Comments:

Blogger monger187 said...

Also, we called him PatriClaus because of the beard and severe obescity. However, he was not as jolly as Ol' St. Nick. Now GO TO BED!!!!! My kids are freakin' trying to sleep in here!

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home