LeggoMyGreggo

I am from Rochester, NY where I had lots of friends. Now I live in Arlington, VA and have a lot less friends. I hope you like my blog. If so, maybe we can be friends. Even long-distance or e-friends are okay with me. Thanks.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Cut me some slack!

Teachers and parents always say never to run with scissors, but i have 4 rebuttles...

ah-happens if you're in a hurry?
ah-happens if you're trying to stab someone with a lot of force?
ah-happens if you're getting chased by someone with a rock?
ah-happens if you're in a relay race that uses scissors instead of batons?

Sup!

3 Comments:

Blogger monger187 said...

You make some good points in defense of running with scissors.

However, if someone is chasing you with a rock, I usually find that a piece of paper is able to "cover" the rock. So just put the scissors down and pick up a piece of paper.

Another reason to run with scissors: you're shoplifting them.

12:45 PM  
Blogger grego said...

Very good counterpoints! I figured if I picked up a piece of paper the scissors would just cut up the paper, but if I put the scissors down FIRST, problem solved. Thanks for pointing that out.

I wonder if anyone has ever "borrowed" scissors from a store to use as a threatening weapon to rob the store?

1:02 PM  
Blogger monger187 said...

You're right about the scissors cutting the paper if you try to hold onto both at the same time. Scissors have a mind of their own sometimes. Maybe that's why we're not supposed to run with them!

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home